If you often wonder, ‘how can I improve my relationship AND maintain these girlish good looks?’, well that’s easy — couples workout therapy. Although your fitness goals and styles may differ, here are six reasons why it’s even better to sweat together.
1. Better sex: During exercise, our brain releases chemicals called endorphins (a.k.a. neurotransmitters) that stir up feelings of happiness, thus reducing stress and tension. If smiling more wasn’t benefit enough, you’ll be thrilled to know that endorphins are the cultivators of increased libido and sexual arousal and studies show that partners who enjoy exercising together report better sex and a deepened emotional bond. Do you even need 5 other reasons?!
2. Common Interests: If your other-half isn’t kart-wheeling his way to couples pottery class, I bet he’ll gladly accompany you for a jog outside or a friendly game of tennis. Try new workouts, sports and classes together and find out what lights the spark.
3. Encouragement: Everybody wants a workout cheerleader — and while you won’t get him into a cute pleated skirt, he’ll drag you off the couch when you’re 3 hours into Sex and the City reruns.
4. Personal Integrity: Getting sweaty is one of the finest acts of personal integrity. It’s your way of saying, “I dig health and want the body and energy to prove it. I’m worth every damn lunge.” Having integrity around self-care is a value that will radiate throughout your relationship.
5. Strike a Balance: In general, men prefer grunting in the weight room, while women are cardio-junkies. Since both are equally valuable sides of the workout coin, working out together will help strike a necessary balance.
6. QT: There’s more than one way to spend sweaty quality time together. Hit the gym or pavement and catch up each other’s busy lives.
In effort to jump start you’re bonding and set your relationship ablaze, June’s box includes mybarre3 Free Month of Workout Downloads. You’re welcome.
Peace and fitness,
Powered by Facebook Comments